Inspiration Quotes and Daily Thoughts on Living a Better Life

Consciously understand and determine the path of your life

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back to it...

So after posting twice to this blog and dropping it, I'm deciding to commit myself to posting to it once per day. Not only do I feel as though I can contribute something and help out in some way, it is therapeutic for me to write my thoughts on why it is so helpful to keep things in perspective and live consciously as you progress through life. And if my thoughts, or my interpretation of other's thoughts can somehow help or alter someone's frame of mind, someone in need of a new way of thinking to get over a certain challenge in their life, then that's what will make me continue writing.

First off, my air conditioning doesn't work, so I'm sitting here typing, as I sit and exert zero physical energy, just SWEATING. But, not to worry, I'll get over it.

Second, let's get into some real stuff. I was in a Barnes & Noble last week and I picked up the book The 7 Habits of Effective People and started paging through it. Seemed interesting - picked it up from the library. As I first started reading it a very interesting concept was spelled out. Paradigm.

Each and every person views the world through their own individual and unique paradigm. Our views, thoughts, values, opinions, principles are all in direct relation to how exactly we view the world - and our behaviour is a direct result of our paradigm. Think of it this way - each person has their own set of glasses on - and your paradigm acts as your lens, your filter as to how you interpret the world.

Now here's the fun part - we all have flaws and ways we'd like to improve our lives - or ways we think our lives could be better. Most of us know what would make our lives better - "If I could just lose the weight that I've put on over the last two tough years" - or - "If I just spent a little more time on my family, at home, life could be simpler, better".

So a great place to start is to gain a deeper understanding of your own paradigm. Reach beyond your paradigm, your lens, and spend some time viewing the world in a different light.

I'll be posting more. I'm a bit rusty. But better stuff is on the way!!

You only live once.

1 comment:

  1. I am very interested for this post. This side will be help all of us. Thanks.SELF IMPROVEMENT

    ReplyDelete

 
Personal Development Blog Directory A1 Web Links -